Tuesday, July 13, 2021

An Absolutely Remarkable Thing

Of late I have had a hard time getting momentum in reading books. I picked up some generic espionage book at FlyLeaf in the used book section. It had good blurbs, but it actually sucked. I tried reading this Lionel Shriver novel about modern obsession with fitness but couldn't catch a groove.

So when I saw a novel I had stolen from Natalie's shelf, Hank Green's An Absolutely Remarkable Thing, I decided to roll with it. Natalie and I will be spending a lot of time in the car together in August, so I figured I might as well get on the same page with her.

It is a fun book. After two nights, I am 100 pages and change in. I wouldn't characterized it as a great book just yet, but it's totally enjoyable and is written from a perspective rather different than mine, that of a young person. It really brings home how fucking old I am and makes me realize that I had really probably better work on that a little by checking out some of the young folks' stuff. More later.

No comments: