Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Monday Monday, no wait, it's Tuesday!

One of the things you have to love about January is all the holidays, which yield a cluster of 4-day weeks. I'm totally in Monday mindset, yet the week is already 20% done, as it were.

It was a fine weekend, despite a neighbor of mine freaking out about something the neighborhood Board is considering doing and raising hell about it, very late in the game, and very disruptively, I might add. It was a pain in the ass, but I didn't let it mess with my game.

Speaking of which, yesterday went well on the courts. Z took me 6-4 in the first set (though I had been down 1-4 and came back to even before he closed it out). In the second set I was down 2-4, then I came back to win it in a tiebreaker. To his credit, I'm pretty sure Z fought off a set point when I was up 5-4. But I kept it together and didn't get flustered, so it was about mental toughness, as it always is.

Ran into Garland Thomas as well as Woody Burns at Harris Teeter.

Then Graham had some boys over for a fire and smores in the back yard, while I made a fire in the living room for the third night running. 

No comments: