Tuesday, January 26, 2021

Getting ready for change

With Natalie leaving tomorrow I decided to work from home today. When I went downstairs for lunch, there was a bit of testiness between Mary and Natalie about something Natalie was cooking. I think we're all on edge a little.

It is both sad and happy for her to leave. It's not natural for a 20-year old to spend this much time at home, first 5-6 months in the spring, now 2 months through the holidays. We've gotten through it fine, she has occupied herself well, we found something funny to watch on TV as a family at night (Bob's Burgers, if I hadn't mentioned it), but it just ain't right.

She's planning to be away in the summer if she can find something good for herself, maybe something outdoorsy out West -- and I'll help her find it as best I can. And we'll go visit her if she lets us.

But who knows, she may never live under the same roof with us for this long again. Certainly I hope she doesn't have to under lockdown conditions.

Be we will miss her.

No comments: