Wednesday, April 01, 2020

Owl with Cardinal

While meditating this morning I observed the owl who seems to have settled in our yard swoop down and land on a nearby branch. Then I saw that he had something in his mouth, something that was very red. I'm pretty sure that it was a cardinal. The food chain is a cruel system.

Somehow I accidentally bought smaller coffee filters than I should have last time I made that purchase. Instead of the 8-12 cup filters, I bought 1-4 cup ones. The packages differ in size by a surprisingly small factor, I guess because there's a bunch of them stacked together. So my early morning coffee preparation process takes less time than usual, which means I am meditating less, since I haven't developed the discipline to sit there for much longer than it takes for the coffee to get made. Still a drug addict in essence.

No comments: