Tuesday, April 14, 2020

54

So today marks birthday 54 for the kid over here. A fine number, twice three cubed.

Recent days have seen a slackening in my morning habits. Where once I rose at 6:45, we are witnessing a drift towards 7:30 or 7:45, in harmony with everybody else. Of course, nobody gives a damn about when I get up, and rightly so, with the minor exception that the early morning is the absolute best time of day, time that belongs to me alone and which lets me read broadly from a variety of things with my morning coffee. This morning I've already read about being easy on oneself, toilet paper production, truck driver shortages, large tech firms having an easier time hiring than in recent years, the mortuary business, Chinese interest rate policy and bank profitability, and Bill Bradley on joy while playing basketball. All good stuff. If only I had time for more -- especially the Bill Bradley -- but the business day is starting in earnest now.

Today we have a fine birthday somewhat planned out for me. Natalie promises she will take a walk with me and she will also make a coconut cake. Mary has -- theoretically at least -- been roped into giving me a rare backrub. Dinner will come from Vimala's. Then a Be Loud! music posse Zoom call at 8:30, all to be capped with some TV later, most likely "Community." All very good.

No comments: