Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Marvels of transparency

I may have written at some point in time of my frustrations at looking for one record, the New Order EP 1981-1982 of the singles they put together in the years right after Ian Curtis killed himself. It's great material, but the dickheads went and rerecorded-remastered it sometime in the 90s and sucked all the texture out of it, and that's the only versions you can find most of the time.

So I search for it intermittently, and imagine my glee when I saw a rare Canadian CD of the original material. 3 days from the end of the end of the bidding cycle, the bidding stood at 5.99 and I put in a maximum bid of 15 bux, and was outbid in the blink on an automatic eye. Bidding has now risen to $42.37 with 35 minutes to go, edging closer to the $98 I've seen asked at used music vendors.

The behavioral economists and advocates of the time value of money amongst you may argue that I should just plunk down the ducats and buy the thing, that it's a waste of my time to keep looking, but you would overlook the powerful forces of spousal rebuke, which makes the world not go around, at times.

No comments: