Thursday, April 26, 2007

Explanations

Today was national Bring Your K ids to Work Day, and, as happens every year, I had no idea that it was coming up and so was utterly unprepared. Across the courtyard, however, at SES Americom, they were 100% prepared, with T-shirts, goodie bags, activities, etc. I must say I was ashamed to have never brought either Natalie or Graham out for this festive occasion.

At lunch, I rightly made a beeline for the cafeteria to beat the rush. Couldn't have been righter, as a crush of folx and younguns ensued. Which would have been unremarkable, had I not witnessed this: adults explaining to teenagers the lunch offerings: "Right here are the french fries, and there are meat balls, and peas..." I knew that the youth of today had problems, but I had not known that an inability to identify common foodstuffs was amongst them.

No comments: