Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Warm and foggy

The sun and its various reflections has been chasing me around the building here at Midtown. In most places, you can count on the sun to be in certain places at certain times of day. Rise East, set West, is the way I was always taught. But when you're in a glass box, surrounded by others, it's not like that. Going to the East side of the building late in the day does you no good. So here I sit, hands all clammy, trying to concentrate, thinking of hauling the laptop to another corner of this great shiny ghostly office of ours, so unlike the class B shitholes of some of the scrappier little enterprizes I've visited recently.

And it's a nice day outdoors, too. Spring springs. Had lunch at fancy Bryant Park restaurant with Hilary today, which was wierd because the joint was so swanky I felt like I should have been trying to sell her something instead of holding forth about careers, children, ponds and 40.

No comments: