Thursday, March 24, 2005

New tennis courts

Out running the other day, I noticed that Princeton, the university, that is, had built and is building a bunch (16? 24?) of new tennis courts down behind the astroturf as it slopes down towards the crew sculling lake. To make up for the ones that got bulldozed to build whatever they're building up the hill. In addition to the other sizable tennis center back over there.

And I'm thinking, like, what are they thinking? Nobody plays tennis anymore, courts are so often fallow, land is at a premium, it's just another paved surface to generate run-off. But Princeton must gird up the ruling class by supporting the grand old sports.

Hey, I'm cool with it. I'm gonna be sneaking onto those mugs. I do play tennis. They're not gonna staff them with guards all the time. No way. They cain't stop the kid.

No comments: