Thursday, March 17, 2005

Diet Dr Pepper spills on train

I spilled my Diet Dr. Pepper on the train this morning, like a moron. Fortunately the car was pre-depopulated because someone else had spilled more of something else earlier, so mine commingled, unnoticed. Very fortunately, cuz people get worked up over spills on NJ Transit. Like that meshuggeneh witch in the Manolo Blahniks who went ballistic on me when someone kicked my coffee over one day and it got on her precious little shoes.

But I do knock over stuff all the time. Not long ago some lasagna slipped off my plate onto someone's white rug. Never mind the wisdom of having a white rug in the dining room, it was embarassing, but cleanable. Fortunately I've been able to confine my accidents to social rather than business contexts for the most part. I did bump into that guy and spill his wine in a pub in the fall of 2003, but he wasn't a client or anything, so it was OK.

I never run into anybody else's car or pet, so I'm good on that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I rarely spill things or drop things but Yesterday (EASTER) I backed into my cousins black SAAB. It left a large black SMUDGE on the back bumper & I left some white paint on her fender. I would have rather hit a tree or something. i hate harming outher peoples property (like your friends white rug). My pretty white WRX was hurt and I was pretty upset but not as bad as I thought I would be. Just thought I would let you know.