Sunday, July 31, 2022

Let the record clearly state

Lest I record only my good days for posterity, I must say that Adam kicked my ass today, 6-1, 6-2. It has been more even between us recently, we often split sets. Not today. Adam played very well, whereas I did not.

There may have been something physical going on. After two days of pretty intense workouts, my body might have been well-served by a day off and I had a little pre-cramping in my calves at moments. But we hadn't played since last Monday, having been rained out Wednesday, before Z jetted off to Gotham with Crabes to watch some baseball.

But mostly it was mental. I just couldn't stay focused and in the moment. I kept letting negative thoughts creep in, then as we got to the end, and this is terrible to admit, I started drafting this blog post in my mind, knowing that I needed to get something in so I could make my 20-post-per-month quota for July.

And now I have done it.

No comments: