Thursday, July 14, 2022

Day 2

About to head into the second day of a workshop on systemic racism being provided for the Board and employees of a non-profit on whose Board I serve. The Board Chair said it was "mandatory" and I must say I kind of chafed at that. There were a couple of Board members who were particularly enthusiastic about it. Neither of them has showed. The Board Chair also has only put in a cameo (but presumably he has been through the workshop himself and he himself is Black, so he knows more about the material).

I feel guilty about not focusing on my day job, frankly, but I am going through the training because I have never gone as deep on the topic and current thinking about it as this. I am treating it as a free benefit being provided to me as a bonus. And I am learning. The presenters are intelligent, thoughtful, and credible. 

Time to log on.

No comments: