Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Mein Phone ist tot!

Getting into the elevator at the Osborne in Rye, headed out to the beloved Sal's Pizza in Mamaroneck, my phone died. It had been low on battery and sometimes it gets a bit skittish at that level, but I was hoping to make it to the car to plug it in.

Made a little nervous by not having navigation, it was confusing getting out of the Osborne, I haven't done it all that many times, but after a wrong turn I made it to the Post Road and was able to navigate because, after all, I was going to Sal's, a place I have been picking up pizza from for coming up on 3 decades.

Then, to add insult to injury, when I got back with the rapidly cooling pizzas and less rapidly warming salads, nobody answered the buzzer because they were out on Mary's mom's porch in the back and they were all just assuming I'd call or text when I got back. Eventually, they heard it.

Being without a phone is exhausting, but I think I've thought of everything I absolutely need and will make it though the day.

Time to Board at LGA.

No comments: