Saturday, March 26, 2022

Return to energy

Had a fine lunch yesterday with a guy from my neighborhood, where of course we were talking about our kids and college and next life stages etc, because of course we were, and my mind drifted back to the quote from Oliver Wendell Holmes via Robert Caro; the only thing that matters is energy. And, I would add, sustaining it over life stages. Enthusiasm. 

But to this must be added the question of time periods. Ideally energy should be husbanded and sustained across as many time periods as possible, decades, years, months, weeks, days, hours, telescoping down. In reality that's hard to do and must be managed carefully by balancing sleep (especially through the judicious insertion of naps), diet, exercise, work, blah, blah and blah.

Right now I am tired but need to get my butt in gear to go to Greensboro for Graham's robotics competition. I ain't really feeling it but I know when I get there it will be exciting and I'll be glad to see robot 4795 do battle and, most importantly, will be in the flow of Graham's one great team endeavor, one which could form a part of his life for years forward in various capacities should he choose to stay involved.

First may take a COVID test cuz I have a little sniffle and we have some here at the crib.

No comments: