Tuesday, March 09, 2021

Well, as long as I'm here

I've been making a concerted effort to blog more, which is something that happens most fruitfully early in the morning. Now it's night time, really it's time to be watching some TV, but I'm here so I might as well get something in.

Don't have a whole ton to blog about, though. Certainly I don't want to write about losing to Adam on the tennis court again today. I am in something of a funk out there. We had some epic back and forths, to be sure. The 9th game of the first set took maybe 20 points, it was just grueling. Then I just folded. Too may double faults, too much negative self talk.

But it was surely a beautiful day. Saw Daniel out by the lake and went out to say hello, ended up butt-dialing someone and a small, intensely localized scandal erupted. The guy should have hung up, really should never have kept listening in on our conversation.

Hearing owls out the window now. On Sunday I was sitting in the bedroom and I saw one owl fly up onto a branch and land next to another one. I think they were mating. Spring is in the air.

No comments: