Sunday, March 07, 2021

More woods

Though I had planned to ride my bike today, I wimped out because of the cold and went running instead. I went out of my way to get in some big hills, and then I made my way via the trails by the public library across Estes and back onto the trails along Bolin Creek in the crook of Estes and Airport. I had been on them in late January and found it quite revelatory and then looked at a map and realized there was a whole area back in there I was pretty sure I hadn't hit.

Indeed I had not. There's a whole bunch of trails back there, pretty well used. I had to cede the trail first to a pack of teens and tweens on mountain bikes, trailed pretty far back by a mom who looked a good deal less sturdy on her bike than the kids. Then I went up a pretty big hill and saw something one doesn't see much of these days, a number of big branches leaned up against a tree. In short, a fort! Kids don't make those much any more. I was very happy to see that.

On the way back I saw from my shadow that there was a tuft of hair in the back sticking up. Apparently I had missed a spot when I cut my hair yesterday. So after I got home I started the shower running then grabbed my clippers to trim it down. I put on what I thought was the #3 attachment, which is what I had used for the back and sides. I hit the spot I had missed, and it took off what seemed to be an awful lot of hair. I trimmed a little more around the spot and it kept taking off a lot, so I looked at the clippers. By accident, I had put on not the #3 but the #1 attachment, which cuts to 3mm of length. An honest mistake, it could happen to anyone, but it did drive home the fact that one should really pay attention when you're cutting your own hair, even if you're in a hurry because you're hungry. So I had to cut the whole back and sides of my head down with the #1, so that it didn't look silly. My hair is now quite short, I'll have you know. Gotta love Zoom living, when nobody really sees you too close, and also the fact that hair grows back. 

Then I made fresh ramen with kimchi and sardines and of course a fried egg. One of the best meals of the pandemic.

1 comment:

Varsha said...

A good post is always beneficial, as your post is making the same effect. Your post is very knowledgeable. I was quite surprised to see your post that you can see such a good post even today. Hope you You will continue to provide similar posts to us as well. Thank you.
Call Girls In Gurugram
Call Girls In Gurugram
Call Janvi Yadav
Call Girls Dehradun
Call Girls In Gurugram
Gurugram Call Girls