Wednesday, March 10, 2021

And now it is morning

and, having fought through the urge to stay in my warm bed, fed the cats, meditated, done sit ups and push ups had coffee, read the paper, made my task list, done a couple of other routine daily readings checked email, realized I had a couple of connections I could make for somebody who needs a rental, finished the article in The Economist  I had been reading next to my other upstairs office seat (do the math), I'm almost ready to shower, shave and head out to the office. After I send an LFA-related email and make the bed.

I have a lot to do each morning, but I do love my routine.

Actually before heading out I also have the exciting opportunity to pick out the next book I'll be listening to in the car. Just listened to Range: Why Generalists Triumph in a Specialized World by David Epstein. It was a good listen, probably is a good read too. 

By now, I can see I will make it to the office no earlier than 10, but that's pretty normal for me.

Must say I was pretty shocked this morning to see that Lina Khan is being nominated for a seat on the governing Board of the FTC. She is a very impressive figure and she did go to Mary's high school in Mamaroneck, which is cool, but she is awful young. I fear the Democratic establishment may be getting ahead of itself anointing her the anti-Zuckerberg. Then again, he got started young too. Maybe it's just part of the game for tech. 

No comments: