Thursday, February 18, 2021

The big C

Thrown off-kilter today by the news that a client -- someone who is very dear to me that I have known for almost three decades -- has colon cancer. I don't know how bad it is yet, we'll talk Saturday.

What I do know is that I never was able to get her to buy life insurance outside of what was available to her through her employer. I could never quite sit her down and get her to take it seriously enough. She carries a heavy load -- really too much of a load -- within her household.

I cannot let myself do the same. I know I did my best, she even talked to the best, most well-informed, most ethical life insurance person I know -- The Guy -- but her underwriting was complicated and it never moved forward.

Whatever happens, we'll get through it, but it will not be simple.

No comments: