Thursday, March 01, 2018

Imagine your calendar full

I got an email the other day from a guy, a 401k wholesaler, which said something like how he had some magical system for filling my calendar with prospects. There are those who really want that, to have some system that generates lots of leads with generic prospects to whom they can sell things so they can create a huge book of business. It is like they want to develop a machine that puts them into the situation which all doctors complain about now, where they are providing cookie-cutter services under time pressure for a bunch of people they hardly know.

When I think about that, it just bums me out. I would much rather have what I have now, an organically evolving business in which I get to help out and spend time with people I've known for a long time. In which I get to keep learning stuff which is useful to them.

And now, it is time to go brush my teeth and keep reading about the evolution of the post-war, post-Bretton Woods global currency markets, and the defense of the British Pound in 1964. Good stuff.

No comments: