Tuesday, March 20, 2018

Dailiness

I was just reading Nick Murray (as I do daily), in which he exhorts advisors to journal daily, on the grounds that it makes us better people. It was a goal of mine when I started this blog to write daily, and I did it for a while, then I trailed off a little, though my aggregate productiveness over these past 13-odd years is not bad. I've blogged on more than half the days.

Yesterday I'd say my most important lesson was around time management, and some of it was about my own productivity, some of it about observing someone else. I had a ton of things on my task list, as I always do. A colleague showed up unexpectedly at the office, and took me off on an abstract topic that really wasn't headed anywhere and really wasn't productive. Later in the day I got further insight into some really bad habits that lead to chronic underproduction, which cause me to focus more on what I should be doing: learning things that help me help others better, and connecting more with people whom I can help.  Also, continually focusing on limiting the number of things I'm involved in. I basically resigned from a board yesterday in an email. A board with an ill-defined mission, non-inspiring leadership, that just isn't doing much.

But I continue to try to ramp up on Democratic Party activity, in Person County specifically. And get home for dinner.

That's it.

No comments: