Thursday, April 15, 2010

Back from our nation's capital

I just spend a fun-filled two days in the basement of a hotel in our Nation's Capital, scurrying from one conference room to another, passing out my business card and taking other peoples'.  It was fun!

While people gave talks, I took notes!  In the evening, I went back to my hotel room and took notes about conversations I had had with middle managers, sales execs, and technology vendors!  I did, in fact, learn a lot.

In the evenings I got out on the town a little bit.  I wish that I could regale you with some dramatic stories about something wierd or interesting that I saw, but the Capital is not like that, alack. It is a place at once clean and corporate and poor and black.  Last night as I waited for my man Cubeddu to come and pick me up I noticed a shiny bar across the street from my hotel where a bunch of guys in suits and young ladies in little cocktail dresses standing in a line outside to get in!  They must have mixed a mean drink in there, or some wonk was having a reception!

The truly great thing was that, from paying the check for mediocre sushi in Chinatown (I know, I know, stupid) to being at my gate at Reagan National it was only 35 minutes via the Metro.  Gotta love that.

No comments: