Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Something to keep in mind

I was visiting with a former client yesterday when I was reminded that one of their team had passed away, so I asked about the guy, who was, like, my age. And the guy I was talking to says: "Well, they were getting ready to move to another house and he was down in the basement moving boxes of books around" and I thought I saw the obvious denoument, lifts heavy box, has heart attack. If only things were so simple in life, so the guy keeps going "and it got to be lunchtime, and he sat down and choked on a roast beef sandwich. It got stuck in his throat and there was nobody around, and he died." Which was a new one for me. And gives new meaning and credence to Keith Ferrazzi's dictum "Never eat alone."

No but seriously, that's hard.

No comments: