Friday, April 04, 2008

Reading partner, the aftermath

So on the way out the door, and in the car on the way to school, and on the way from the car into school, Natalie kept asking if I had to come with her to class because not many parents really did it and she really didn't want me to, etc. On and on. And then we got into the school and on the way down the hall she quickened her pace so that she wouldn't be seen with me. And then we got into the classroom and...

It was reading time. So first she read a book to Bridget and she leaned against me and then Bridget read us a book and she kissed my nose and climbed on my back and leaned on me and then I read an Amelia Bedelia book and, well, I think you know how that goes. Amelia Bedelia is funny, and girls love her. So it all went well in the end.

No comments: