Sunday, April 27, 2008

AAA -- shill about town.

AAA is one of those organizations you have to belong to -- everybody needs a tow or a jump now and then -- and yet it's so heinous in its untiring advocacy of all that's motorific that you have to wonder. Usually I toss the AAA magazine as soon as it comes in, but today I snuck a peak at an article on small, fuel-efficient cars. Perhaps there's one I haven't heard of, I thought. But no, of the three "efficient" cars in there, the best is a Mini at 27/34 highway, and there's also the BMW 128i, sporting 18/28 on the one with the smaller engine, Lord knows what for the one with 300 horses. I've already written about mileage when I was a kid. But this is just ridiculous. There should be no mention of 300 horsepower in an article about fuel-efficient.

No comments: