Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Graham throws the frisbee

Mary doesn't remember this, but when he was 18-24 months, Graham was a little jock. When I rolled a ball to him on the floor, he could time its trajectory and reach out and catch it about as well as Natalie could at the same point in time.

However, as the years have progressed and he's been diagnosed with first low tone and then fine and gross motor delays (the former surely shared by his papa), he's become progressively less jocky.

So when I took a frisbee with me when I walked down to the preschool to pick him up (yes, we do live well) and then he rode back with me on his bike, I threw the frisbee and tried to keep it on the long straight sidewalks beneath the flowering trees. Once I hit a tree and took down a branch. After that, that's all Graham wanted to see.

But when we got back to the house, Graham showed an active interest in the disc, including throwing it, mostly into bushes and trees, trying to knock them down and whatnot. But he was into it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am the Lizard King, I can do anything.