Friday, May 06, 2005

In the olden days

"In the olden days, everybody wore Capris, right dad?"

So says Natalie, and I'm thinking the olden days bit is mighty cute, but all this fashion literacy is a little bit much for someone who isn't even five. It's really New Jersey. And then I think, is it place, or is it time that accounts for this? Are all little girls so tuned in to fashion these days? Or were they when I was a kid too?

In general, it's very difficult to figure out what's individual choice and where you're being led by trends. (Same thought as in entry below) The name Natalie, we thought, was very distinctive, but then it turns out it occurs fairly frequently in the younger female population.

I had real deep thoughts on this stuff earlier in the morning, but then I started working. Should blog earlier, maybe, while the morning crop of thoughts is still fresh and glistening with dew.

No comments: