Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Becoming my boss

People are often freaked out about the prospect of becoming their parents as they age. This doesn't seem so disturbing to me, after all, there are genetics at work as well as time.

What's truly disturbing is this -- I'm turning into my boss! Cyrus and I did a short demo for a client bigwig yesterday. After making him lead the demo and interjecting occasional comments, I fielded questions from the bigwig and lied and exaggerated in exactly the same ways as my boss always has, overstating the size of our company by a fair amount, overstating the number of people in our group even more, etc. etc. I had to stop myself from significantly misrepresenting our project status (not awful, but not perfect either).

Just put me in front of a client and there I am, doing the little salesy dance.

At least I haven't gotten into huffing and puffing yet.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Which of your many bosses were you emulating?

Anonymous said...

Yeah Cyrus loves us so much he just can't stay away. I suppose he must have snuck back in without an announcement on the web site.

Anonymous said...

Well, dang. back to coding.