Saturday, November 04, 2023

Roadside Library

Back in 2013 I drove north in August to New York without the family. I honestly can't remember why that was the case. Northwest of Clarksville, VA I passed a charming little library in what looks to have once been an old country store. The Wylliesburg Public Library. Some of you may remember reading about it here. On the way back from where I was west of Richmond yesterday I decided to blow off the 95/85 corridor once more and realized I'd be going past there again, so I decided to stop and investigate.

The library was closed when I got there. It is usually open M, W, F 9-5 and Saturday 9-12. If I had to bet I would wager that books on the LGBTQ experience are dramatically underrepresented, but I really don't care. I really like the fact that this library exists and that there's a place for rural folks and kids to come and borrow books. If I could figure out how I would donate some money.

No comments: