Thursday, November 24, 2022

Early risers

Since it's a holiday, I thought I'd sleep in today. Rascal thought otherwise, coming into our bedroom with her vigorous meowing at around 8:30. I pretended to sleep and cadged another 15 minutes of restful bliss from the gods that at least pretend to be.

My mind raced back to the earlier days in Princeton, when it was not cats but children who took it upon themselves to let us know that it was time to get up. If I recall correctly (as I always do, of course), it was occasionally a little annoying but mostly cute. I'm sure I have records of some of the specifics here on the blog and was frankly going to take a little stroll down memory lane and look for them when I saw I had a text and a call from mom, who has a little booboo on her knee and needs me to hustle over to her place to help with Thanksgiving dinner. Sigh.

So I guess I need to get organized to go over there and help. I'll check the archives some other day. For today, I'll just be thankful they exist.

No comments: