Friday, October 07, 2022

Encomia

I just went back and reviewed the Grouse from the time of George Sr's passing in August 2009 and was surprised to see that I never really posted anything of length about him. Only a note about how Natalie cried -- as surreptitiously as she could -- during the Harry Potter movie that came out right then at scene of the death of Dumbledore and that I had cried too and that I at least was thinking about George Sr.

I did, however, speak at his funeral. That has to be sitting around my computer somewhere, I really must find it. What I said, though good-hearted, naturally paled before Rob's tribute to his father, which either was or included a poem about a sailboat and wind, things which were important to both of them and which he crafted nicely into a metaphor about how George had guided them.

It had been my intent to write something about Mary Lee today but by now that opportunity has been squandered as I poke around my C drive looking for my earlier writings. I'll come back to that and do the task justice and I'll do the same for George Sr.

No comments: