Wednesday, June 09, 2021

Karaoke

At Buddy's on Saturday there was karaoke, which is something I've never done. Actually, I'm not sure I've ever been at a place where it was being done, though probably I've just repressed it.

As would be expected, there were a mix of performances, from a courageous but technically challenged version of "Drift Away" to a pretty impressive rendition of "Bohemian Rhapsody" by a British guy I didn't know who, perhaps not surprisingly, was the guy who had the baddest-ass car there.

Like many, I suspect, I've always been a little shy of karaoke, particularly since I quit drinking, and I was sitting there thinking "there are no songs for me to do." Then, afterwards, I realized that there are of course great songs I should have done, songs I've recently been singing along to at home (Springsteen's "Thunder Road") or have taught myself on guitar and sing along with in the privacy of my man cave (Roy Orbison's "In Dreams"). Next time.

No comments: