Saturday, February 23, 2019

What is mine

At my normal Saturday morning meeting today, my mind continued to focus on a business meeting I had yesterday, in which one of my partners kind of rode roughshod over our plan in a way that annoys me and is reminiscent of my dad. I was able to listen to what was shared some, but not too much, perhaps not quite as much as would have been optimal.

After the meeting, I said hello to a client with whom I hadn't been able to connect for a while. He shared a bunch of issues with me, some of them kind of financial, some of them familial. Some of them are in domains in which I could be of service, if asked, or I could refer him to someone who could: and he knows it. But he didn't ask, because he was too far down in his own weeds.

And I realized it was time to get Graham to martial arts, that I can't ultimately control either of these folks, and I shouldn't let myself be subsumed by them. In the case of the Friday's meeting, we either get the business or we don't, neither is fatal. With my client, I just need to give him what he wants.

No comments: