Wednesday, February 27, 2019

Listening in the car

Right now my car listening is Daniel Kahneman's Thinking Fast and Slow. I have the actual book but have never made much headway in it, because it is boring, as most behavioral finance stuff is. I have been listening to a lot of this kind of non-fiction in the car, vaguely stuff that is supposed to help people learn how to think about stuff and manage life. I can't even list all the titles, and I also start to forget the authors a little because they blur together a little (but include Angela Duckworth, Daniel Pink, Ray Dalio...)

In fact, narratives stick better in my mind, including the bios of John Hope Franklin and Trevor Noah, as well as The Marriage Plot by Jeffrey Eugenides. Probably I should listen to more of those. I was, after all, a literature person rather than a philosophy or other social science one, and there's a reason for that.

No comments: