At AA this morning there was a discussion of grace and acceptance. Big topics.
In the course of my profession, I talk to a lot of people, and I hear a lot of very real stuff, both on the telephone and elsewhere. In the last couple of weeks I have heard of
- Recent diagnoses of breast and colon cancer (thankfully, not in the same person)
- Bad news about somebody who has been fighting lymphoma
- Someone's 6-year old getting hit by a car in a way that would have been fatal to an adult
- A friend who has bad peripheral neuropathy, so numbness and tingling in the extremities
- Some other degenerative neurological condition (was it muscular dystrophy?)
- Marriages falling apart for various reasons