Friday, May 28, 2010

Theme to Liberty's Kids

Graham, in the full throes of his revolutionary war obsession, has gotten really into the "Liberty's Kids" series, which we've gotten on DVDs from the library. He particularly loves the theme song.  When it's on, he sits there and half hums along, mouthing those few words he's really gotten a command of.

I remember this stage of childhood, when you know that you've memorized a song but can't really sing it. It's awesome.

I've gotten so I like singing the song too.  Natalie hates it.  She tells me to shut up.  I think she's jealous that Graham has a favorite song.  For me, it's just the same as that Owl City "Fireflies" song she's into. It's a sweet little pop song that's positive in tone, so it's great for kids and even better for adults.  Soon enough they may well be listening to something with a hard edge to demonstrate that they are bad-assed ironic teens and are separating from their parents.

No comments: