Thursday, May 27, 2010

Back from Vegas

What a shithole.  At around 6:30 last night I was consumed by a need to get out of the massive Mandalay Bay Hotel and habitron.  So I went outside. First off, it was very difficult to get to the street.  Once I was there I walked aways and observed the sites.  The Luxor.  The Excalibur.  New York New York (OK. I give em props for the rollercoaster).  Basically it was like being inside the hotel complex, except it wasn't air conditioned.

I was pleased to see that I could've eaten all day for $29.95 at the buffet at Excalibur, but I didn't.

On hotel TV there was a long infomercial for the City Center complex, set on "67 acres of invaluable land".  If it's so invaluable, why was there a convenience store and a McDonalds across from my hotel, and a fleebag motel that had been converted into studio apartments, and even a derelict parking lot.  Something was amiss.  And why did City Center's financing almost collapse?

Then we went and had sushi at a restaurant with some name chef and it wasn't very good, but I didn't have to pay for it (as in Repo Man:  "Hey dude, lets go do some crimes!" "Yeah, lets go eat sushi and not pay.)

There were things I liked.  I liked lying on my bed and watching planes take off at the airport across the way, with the mountains in the distance as a backdrop.  I liked Shark Reef in the Mandalay Bay complex. Walking through one of the water tunnels, I saw a sword fish swim over my head.  That was cool.

Basically I like the kids' stuff.

And then I get home, and Graham starts puking.

No comments: