Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Dubai is in India!

  • "Dubai is in India! It totally is!" So said some snot-nosed 14-year old outside the Manor Beach Beach in Larchmont today, as I headed out huffing and puffing in the humidity on my run. His friends argued with him, but he insisted he was right. This is just what I would have done at that age, made some wild assertion like that and stood by it stubbornly. I mean, the name Dubai does sound like it could be in India, right?
  • Meanwhile, this morning Natalie and I went together on a daddy-daughter trip to the phlebotomy lab, where they took three units of dad's blood and one of hers. Trouble was, the lab tech had a hard time finding the vein in her right arm, and poked around a bit, before deciding to go with the left after all. Natalie stared right at the pokey needle, her tension audible in her stiff nose-breathing, but she got through it. And then we were off to pepperoni pizza at Sal's in Mamaroneck, which I recommend.

No comments: