Thursday, September 11, 2008

A few questions and observations

Was just watching C-Span dedication of Pentagon Memorial to 9/11.

  1. Turns out, 9/11 is "Patriot Day." Who knew?
  2. Why doesn't W join in when the national anthem is being sung? Does he not know the words? Strikes me that not singing along is at least as bad as not having a flag pin on your lapel.
  3. Most importantly, how could having the Chief Chaplain of the armed services lead the whole fucking cabinet and war apparatus of the United States in prayer with heads bowed -- how does that not violate the separation of church and state?
It astonishes and astounds me at times that I live in the same country as those people. It is surely not the country in which I was raised.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am astounded most every day.