Thursday, January 19, 2006

A crisis of traffic

Visits to the Grouse have abated by about 20% over the last month or two, and I feel that, on the one hand, it's entirely justified because my posts have been probably 20% less interesting, and on the other.... I forget.

As a response to this lull in what is otherwise breathtaking traffic (my legal team insists that I not disclose actual statistics), I think of sending out a broadcast email to my list to pump it up. In the short term, at least, I could generate more traffic that way. Problem is, I'm embarassed to direct traffic to a bunch of subpar writing.

Probably my brain is lulling a bit because, not only am I physically not going anywhere for the most part, but I'm reading work-related books in the evening, which makes me doubly boring.

And, obviously, the initial romance of the blog has passed, now I'm down to the grim reality of having implicitly promised multiple paragraphs a day, like a journalist in a land of no news.

2 comments:

fend for yourself said...

howdy bub:
i'm still a-readin. call me chez office to discuss the white paper thingy - i'm there most 9-5 except i play hooky on friday afternoons.
corinna

Anonymous said...

keep up the quality blogging...love hearing about Graham puking, Natalie Portman, freaks on the trains or CH days. Just cause we don't respond don't mean we aint readin'. Carry on my boy...

CHHS 84