Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Message in a bottle

Walking along the beach in Amagansett the other day, just West of the defunct fish factory. Saw a 16 oz. Poland Spring bottle with a piece of paper in it. Hmmmm, says I. Natalie will like. Pick it up. Take it home.

At home, with Natalie, I cut the bottle open. Inside we find a note which says:

My name is Nicholas. I'm 8 years old.
I wish all my family to be healthy and happy.
I wish to become a big toy maker when I grow up.
I wish to catch many fish today!
If you find this make a wish too!
It's a magic wish bottle!!!

Nicholas

I dunno. Seems a little pathetic to me. I wish my own family well. I hope I get things and you get things too. What about "my address is 29 Ronkonkoma Blvd," please be in contact? Wasn't that the whole deal with the message in a bottle genre? Establishing contact with the distant? Is this kid all Megan's lawed out?

I was deeply disappointed in Nicholas. Natalie listened to it once and walked away, forgot all about it.

No comments: