Friday, December 29, 2023

Warm glow from transactions

I spent a good deal of yesterday going through a download of last year's credit card transactions categorizing them, firstly so as to declare charitable and political donations (which we have gotten up to a reasonable 10% of income by fighting through and against deep-seated if ill-founded fears of reversal and penury) but also to get organized for tax season.

As I pawed through last year's transactions, certain of them brought back good memories. Above all, it was the ones I wasn't present for: Mary's trip to Alaska. Each time I saw one of those charges I got a warm feeling within, glad that she's able to get out and enjoy the world.

There were also good memories from a lot of trips I participated in, France, Spain, Alaska, the northeast, there were a lot of them. I could stand to travel less in 2024. Then again, I could stand to travel some. We'll see how it flows. Mostly I need to travel around NC to keep Trump and Robinson out of office. Job one.

No comments: