Saturday, December 02, 2023

Blissful quiet

Tennis was cancelled because of rain this morning and Mary was out at the Extraordinary Ventures holiday sale hawking her book, so I came home to a blissfully peaceful home. I almost didn't know that to do with myself. In the end, of course, I read my book,.in which I've gotten a little bogged down. 

There's a bunch of stuff that needs to be done around the house and we have a flood of people coming in in a mere ten days. I suppose I'd really better go and do some of it now that Mary's gotten home. I always feel better having done so, even if the doing of it is drudgerous.

My tooth seems to be improving with time, though it's still a little off. I keep thinking back to the example of Mary Lee's best friend from college, who had lost her sense of taste some years before I last saw her and kept a sense of optimism about her. The worst case scenario is I loose the tooth and either get it replaced or learn to work around it.

No comments: