Tuesday, November 24, 2020

Itchy and scratchy

That's where I find myself right about now on many days, having gone through a morning's worth of readings, first from Rabbi Abraham Joshua Heschel, then the Journal, then a first turn through my inbox as I build my task list for the day. I'm working from home so I don't really need to shave and shower but... man is my face itchy from this stubble.

My first call is coming up at 10 and the markets open in 10 minutes and there are piles and piles of other stuff to read and my task list keeps growing as I think of other stuff and more people ping me, there's no end to it all, but I think I will attend to my face and head.

Most excitingly, Natalie is expected home later this afternoon after spending the night in Bethesda at the home of her roommate Ravya. She's driving the Bethesda-NC leg home solo, which will be a first for her but a good milestone on the path of adulting. I can't recall when I started driving CT- or NY-NC alone, but it was at about her age. It should be good for her.

No comments: