Thursday, November 12, 2020

Blanketing the bed

One of my jobs around the house is to make the bed, it's just not something that Mary prioritizes. It's the US of A, she's well within her rights there.


So it also falls to me to manage the mix of blankets, sheets, what have you that go on the bed. Recently that has gotten harder during shoulder seasons as we've seen much greater variability of weather. So today I was making the bed, and I had to take all the blankets off to tuck the sheet in at the base of the bed. Before I decided which blankets and in what order should go on the bed, I went and got my phone and checked the weather for this evening so I could make an informed decision. My windows are wide open.

It's November 12. Thanksgiving is in two weeks. There shouldn't be much to think about. It's fall on the East Coast and it should be chilly, there really shouldn't be any question.

The absence of consensus about the reality of global warming and how we should approach it is deeply unsettling. The fact that the mantle of leadership has been taken up by a Scandinavian teenager with autism is striking.

No comments: