Tuesday, November 19, 2019

Intimations of mortality

Got the news yesterday that a cousin of mine has pancreatic cancer. This on top of news that one brother-in-law's mother no longer wants to live, while another's has gone into hospice after being told by doctors that she has a very short time period left, after battling cancer for a while.

Some months ago, I had gone to visit my dad's sister out in the country. She didn't know who I was, though looking at me she thought I was my dad for a second and then referenced her own dad, so she clearly at some level knew I was not just kin, but a Troy male.

In any case, all this mortality is kind of snowballing on me a little, making me focus on my priorities a little. Right now, that means shaving, showering, brushing teeth, and getting to the office.

No comments: