Wednesday, September 04, 2019

A donut

After all my deeply insightful blogging and after a fine showing last time out, Adam crushed me 6-0 today. But it was a competitive 6-0. The first game probably had 8 points at deuce.

One thing I need to remember is that, sad though it may be, I really have to be careful with my swimming as we turn the corner into soccer season. I slightly strained a quad today running for a particularly deft drop shop of Z's because I was still tight from an extra-long swim on Monday. Swimming doesn't dovetail nicely with the sports involving sprinting and changing direction quickly. Which is particularly sad, because as the days get shorter and less hot, the water in the lake gets fresher, so it's a nice time of year to swim. I guess I'll have to stick to recreational as opposed to exercise swimming.

Didn't do anything terribly today, though there were three double faults, mostly I just went for winners and missed too many shots. Though there were some beauties to be sure.

Next time.

No comments: