Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Moving

Every time we move, we swear we'll never move again, and then we do it yet another time.  This time, at least, we're not really moving, we're just moving out into a rental in preparation for the renovation to end all renovations.  And I mean that literally, this will be the end of it.  Unless we can't afford the whole thing, in which case it won't.

I've already moved 70 boxes or so to the rental or my office, but it hasn't really made a dent in the amount of crap here in the house. It's probably rank idiocy for me to be moving them rather than pay some a crew of 4 guys $75 an hour to move them, but, then again, I'm of Scottish descent, and thus cheap and stubborn.

More importantly, by carrying things out of the house, I'm continually reminding Mary that we are in fact moving soon, and should therefore be preparing.

No comments: