Tuesday, February 01, 2011

55 and 54

My mom used to say that the McDonalds at this intersection had the highest volume of all the golden arches in the nation. I don't know if it was true, but this seemingly arid intersection remains a deceptively good place to have lunch. Today I went to a caribbean place that shares tables with a Taqueria. Got styling baked trout with peppers and onions and platanos from the steam table.  Marley was playing.  When I got to my table I realized I needed some sauce so I went back up to where the line was. The big guy back behind it says to me in a deep Jamaican voice:  "you want some gravy for that?", and then takes my plate and roots around in the bin with all the shrimp and hooks me up with some yellow curried sauce.  Awesome.

On Saturdays there is reggae with a "live DJ." We gotta bring the families out here.

No comments: