Thursday, January 25, 2007

Glasses





At long last, my aging eyes are giving out, ever so slightly, and it's time to get glasses. Glasses both groovy and nervy, most likely some Oliver Peoples Rydell 49s (see above). Celebrities wear these glasses, I tell you, the fabulous set. One more trip to Lenscrafters may disabuse me of this, but I doubt it. I hope they will impute authority.

OK. One more trip didn't do it. I'm still getting the fancy ones. But looking at myself in the mirror in a bunch of similar glasses did make me realize that I'm not looking for an Elvis Costello effect, much less a Clark Kent one. I'm trying to look like Morrissey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like most things the bigger they are, the better they look. Check out Harry Caray's style and you can't go wrong.