Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wedding preparations

Got my shoes shined today.
Mary ironed some shorts for Graham, and modified her own dress a touch.
We have to get up a 6AM (could be traumatic for kids) to make Philly airport Friday so Natalie can be at junior bridesmaids' luncheon on time.

You guessed it, my mom's getting married. It will be a significant extravaganza, with multiple events, guests into three digits, and barbeque, which tells you it's for real.

After a cavalcade of suitors over the course of the post-Dad era, one has stuck, a fine one at that, and my mom will once again have a new name, and we will be notionally Brady Bunched up with people we know from high school, though we won't share bedrooms.

It will be a beautiful day, and I will give away the bride.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mom recently got remarried too, some fifteen years after my dad died. No Brady Bunch factor for me (new beau hadn't been married before), but I did get to give my mom away too. Have a great time!

Anonymous said...

Clark,

Please tell you mom congratulations.

George